De-Icing pushes warm, bottom water to the surface to prevent or eliminate ice formation. This creates an ice-free area of protection around your boat, dock, pier, or other in-water property during freezing temperatures. Providing this ice-free zone will successfully prevent damage from ice jacking and expansion. De-Icers can also help protect fish and aquatic species, by allowing for open areas where oxygen can enter the water.
Don’t think of a De-Icer as a product just for northern climates or winter use. These high performance motors create large amounts of water flow for winter De-Icing and will also provide year-round benefits.
Water circulation from a Kasco De-Icer will:
- Help eliminate foul odors and stagnant water areas
- Deter floating plant growth
- Water flow is also an easy and effective way to prevent floating debris and trash from collecting around docks and swimming areas.
Clean, healthy water is more attractive, safer for you and your property, and is a benefit to the aquatic life sharing the water space. Save time, money, and effort by using Kasco’s De-Icers year-round for improved health and beauty of your water.
De-Icers are available in:
- 1/2-, 3/4-, and 1-hp sizes
- 25-ft., 50-ft., 100-ft., 150-ft., (includes 3-ft. stub and separate 150-ft. cord) and 200-ft. cord lengths (includes 3-ft. stub and separate 200-ft. cord).
- Two 20-foot (6m) suspension ropes for suspension installation.